In order for employees to feel good about their work, they need to have a supportive environment and a trusting relationship with their direct supervisor. The better this relationship is from a professional standpoint, the more engaged and productive the employee will be. This interactive workshop will provide you as a leader, with an opportunity to consider your role in providing leadership to employees. Effective communication is the key to a productive relationship. The emphasis is on a leader as a coach, wanting your employees to succeed and encouraging them to do it. Leadership is a choice. Choose to inspire and engage your team.
Active participants will:
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of a positive approach with employees
- Review the importance of inspiring trust, and the behaviors of high trust leaders
- Understand the leadership role you provide in supporting employees
- Review key communications skills for effective communication including word choice and body language and what channel to use
- Gain a better appreciation of the value of approaching staff discussions with a problem solving mindset and practical ways to work collaboratively with staff to solve problems