Whether you’re a staff member or a leader, you may be dealing with conflict at work. You’ll practice key approaches for resolving differences and examine the:
- Causes of conflict
- Beliefs and views that contribute to conflict
- Models for understanding and resolving conflicts
- Communication skills that help minimize conflict and resolve issues
- Role of a conflict resolution protocol for your team
You’ll determine your own conflict resolution style by completing the Conflict Mode Instrument.
Active learners will:
- Examine a mindset for dealing with conflict productively in the workplace environment.
- Understand conflict styles and the strategy of when to use them.
- Learn and practice various communication models to confront conflict and stop misunderstandings from escalating (i.e., pinch/crunch, perspective check, apologizing or an interest-based, problem-solving model).
- Highlight key communication skills to help minimize and manage conflict.
This course can be tailored to leaders only or staff only.